Friday, February 12, 2010

Strong Beer - 5 down, 7 to go

I made the long trek across town to try a few of the strong beers at the 21st Amendment. Since the travels were long and Muni was annoying, I forced myself to try three beers.
Imperial Jack (8.7%): great body with a roasty malty kick and only a subtle hint of the alcohol. There's just a touch of lingering hops on the finish. I could drink this all night - or at least until I pass out.
Two Lane Blacktop IPA (9.4%): Hoppy aroma, hoppy flavor, and black as night. It's very malty, but not much roast or chocolate is making it through the hops. Awesome freakin' beer, in my humble opinion.
Beer School (9.1%): rather smooth beer with a hoppy aftertaste. It's very pale and effervescent, with a light body and crisp taste. Even at 9.1%, this comes across as a very mild beer.

While drinking the Beer School, I enjoyed their Buffalo Chicken Cobb salad which was quite good. It was nice and spicy on it's own, but it really stepped up a notch when bit of spicy chicken was followed by a swallow of beer. Flame on!

No comments: