Thursday, February 11, 2010

SF Beer Week - Linden Street Tasting

The old neighborhood bar, The Page, had a beer tasting and meet-the-brewer event on Wednesday night. I hadn't heard of Linden Street Brewery out of Oakland before, so I thought I'd check them out. The beers were on special, and I never found the brewer, but it was a nice event that allowed me to try a couple new beers.
Burning Oak Black Lager - slight roasted flavor and definitely on the sweet side. First sip reminded me of German Schwartzbier, though not quite as malty and with a much cleaner yeast character.

Bill's Amber Glow Lager - slightly sweet with a clean crisp taste a a little bit of noble hop flavor. I'll proclaim this a good warm weather session beer.

They both seemed well made, though for me, I would enjoy them more with some food and sitting outside in the sun. If it's ever sunny and warm, I'll give that a try.

No comments: