Monday, February 2, 2009

Have beer will travel

So I’m bad about updating the ole’ blog, but the spirit is there, just not the 24-7 internet access…
So on the long flight over, I learned two things: 1) people who leave their overhead lights on while on an eleven hour flight are annoying, and 2) United now charges for drinks, which really sucks. I hate you airlines.
Now onto beer news, I drank my first beer in Japan on the my three hour layover in Narita, so that definitely counts as a country visit. The beer in Bangkok isn’t much to write home about, but I’m drinking it anyway. Singha is good in hot, sticky weather and excellent as a fire extinguisher for Thai chilies, but that’s about it. I miss hops and flavor. Speaking of chilies, the locals that I am working with have been doing a great job of stuffing my belly with great food. I’ve made the mistake of chomping down on a few chili pieces, and they’ve brought tears to my eyes and sweat to my face. Each meal has spicy pastes and sauces that can be added to your liking, and I keep messing up and adding too much to the already spicy dishes. I guess it’ll either kill me or I’ll learn to avoid them eventually.

1 comment:

kennhyn said...

wow, u drink so many different beer in different place... that so cool. If only u write for us in beerbeer, that would be cool... cheers!